Discover Acro: Foundational Acroyoga Retreat in Bali
December 15 @ 12:00 am - December 18 @ 12:00 am
Introduction & what to expect
Are you ready for a long weekend full of acro fun and community building?
Are you ready to discover your acro and take a deep dive into this beautiful movement art?
Join us for 4 days & 3 nights on a foundational acro retreat in the stunning Tabanan regency of Bali, Indonesia! The retreat will include 5 acro classes, acro jams, a Thai massage workshop, yoga sessions, community building activities, bonfire night, an acroyoga photoshoot, delicious food 3x a day and free time to enjoy the pool or the garden!
Our acro classes are mainly focused on creative L-basing flows. What does this mean? People do acro in two main ways: “standing” and “L-basing”, both of which refer to the base’s position: in standing acro the base is standing up, while in L-basing the base is lying down on the ground with their legs up – their body forming the shape of an “L” (In acro, the “base” is the person who is lifting the other person up, and the “flyer” is the person being lifted off the ground). And when we say creative flows we mean that we will have you learn an acro sequence built up of interesting, playful entrances and exits as well as funky transitions – and we will also provide you the tools to get creative in your own acro practice even after you leave the retreat.
We will take you through the most important foundations of acroyoga step by step, and whether you’ve never done acro before or you already have a bit of experience, we will have something to challenge you as well as help you refine your already existing skills if you have any. During our classes, we will provide you with plenty of personalized tips to fit your unique body and abilities.
You are welcome to join the retreat with OR without an acro partner! In our classes we always work in groups of threes: a base, a flyer and a spotter, and we keep switching roles (of course, if you’re a flyer and don’t ever want to base — or vice versa — that’s fine!). The retreat will also include playful community building activities to help us create meaningful connections and lasting memories together. All activities are completely optional and you can feel free to skip any activity that you don’t wish to or can’t attend for any reason.
If all the things mentioned above sound like something you’d enjoy, keep reading for more details!
Example of the daily schedule:
- 7:00-8:00 Gentle yoga
- 8:00-9:00 Breakfast
- 10:15-11:45 Acro class
- 12:00-13:00 Lunch
- 13:00-14:30 Free time (Enjoy the pool etc.)
- 14:30-16:00 Acro class
- 16:00-17:30 Acro jam+photoshoots
- 17:30-18:30 Yin yoga
- 19:00-20:00 Dinner
- 20:30 Game night
Meet your hosts
Hi all! We are Double Up, also known as Flo and Lloydie, and we are an acroyoga teacher duo. We fell in love with acro in London 4+ years ago through developing a consistent practice together. Just a couple months into our acro journey we already knew we wanted to teach it together one day. Two years later, to pursue our dream we left everything behind, including Lloydie quitting his 18-year-long firefighting career at the London Fire Brigade. We came to Bali, where we now teach multiple weekly acro classes for various levels, as well as workshops at retreats and teacher trainings. We are both qualified yoga teachers, as well as Lloydie having completed a specialized 200hr acroyoga teacher training, too.
In our classes we like to pay attention to technique down to the smallest details, all the while never forgetting to have fun in the process! We believe in meeting everyone at their skill level and helping them grow in their practice in a well-paced, organic, progressive way.
Astri Nilantari: Thai Massage Workshop
Nestled in the picturesque Tabanan regency of Bali right by Mount Watukaru, surrounded by vibrant green rice paddies and lush vegetation, Sava Eco Retreat is a haven of peace and tranquility. The venue offers two room types: Lodge and Villa.
The newly built Lodges are clean, convenient rooms built from teakwood, with windows facing the garden.
The Villas are not only spacious and comfortable, but they also have private verandas attached to them overlooking the rice fields.
Both room types include an en-suite bathroom, AC, WiFi and smart TV. You can choose from twin or double bed options, which you can either share with another person or stay in by yourself.
The acro classes, jams, welcoming and closing circles and some other activities will be held in the newly built, spacious bamboo yoga shala, offering views of the surrounding tropical garden.
There is also a 12x7m infinity pool on site which guests can enjoy during their free time!
Sava Eco Retreat
Sanda, Pupuan, Tabanan Regency Bali 82163
Phone number: +62 819-5942-5143
Google Maps link:
Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided buffet-style by Sava’s chef, who has been cooking at this venue for over 20 years. The meals include a great mix of wholesome Indonesian and Western dishes prepared from fresh ingredients without any added MSG. All meals are dairy and meat-free, offering vegetarian, vegan and pescetarian options. Please let us know in advance about any allergies or food sensitivities (like gluten-free etc.)
This retreat is for you if:
- You’ve never done acro before and would love to kickstart your journey
- You’ve already done some acro, but you’d like to learn more and get better,smoother, more technical and more efficient in the moves you already know
- Somebody showed you some acro before but you didn’t really understand howyou did what you did (very common!)
- You’d like to challenge yourself mentally and physically while also meetinglike-minded people (not to brag but… the acro communities around the worldhave the coolest people!)
- You’re patient and empathetic towards others and have a playful personality.
This retreat is not for you if:
- You’re already super confident in basic acro “washing machines” and skills such as sidestars, star, cartwheels, basic pops and/or beyond (when we say super confident we mean: you don’t need anyone else to tell you what to do, you can feel exactly what’s going wrong in the above moves and know exactly what to ask of your partner). If you ARE, we recommend our intermediate retreat instead – just make sure you’re really honest with yourself on this, because you can get much more out of a retreat that actually suits your level rather than one that’s beyond or below your level. You can the info for our intermediate retreat here:
“I’ve never done acro before. How can I be sure if I’ll like it?”
This is a great question. Look, our main objective is to make sure our guests leave the retreat extremely happy, satisfied and fulfilled. Although you or we can never be sure in advance how you will really feel about acro, from our experience having taught thousands of students we’ve collected a few pointers to help you make a decision.
- If you’ve ever seen people do acro and thought “DAMN, that looks like pure magic! I’d do anything to be able to do that!”, then you’ll probably LOVE acro!
- Ask yourself this though: “do I just love the idea of being able to do all this cool stuff or am I ready to put in all the time, effort and energy?” If you are, then acro is probably for you!
- For both bases and flyers, having a basic level of mobility, flexibility and strength definitely helps, but you don’t have to have any superhuman abilities. It’s great if you already have a movement background.
- For bases especially, a level of hamstring flexibility can be crucial. It doesn’t have to be anything extreme, but if you are able to lie on your back and have your legs lifted in a 90 degree angle (feet directly above the hips) with no or just a small bend in the knees and without exerting too much effort then you’re good to go. You have the option to place a small pillow under your bum and see how much you can straighten the legs then.We’ve had many bases in our regular classes who started with us with extremely tight hamstrings and over the weeks and months they managed to open them tremendously by just doing acro. However, a retreat is too short to see huge improvements in flexibility. So if you have extremely tight hamstrings to begin with, you might not enjoy doing so many hours of acro in such a short window of time.
- For flyers especially it helps if you’re not afraid of being upside down and if you can hold a strong plank for at least 20 seconds
(displayed in IDR)
Early bird prices **until October 30
- Lodge 1 person (shared with 1 more person): 6,500,000
- Lodge 1 person (entire room): 8,000,000
- Lodge 2 people (twin or double): 13,000,000
- Villa 1 person (shared): 7,000,000
- Villa 1 person (entire room): 9,000,000
- Villa 2 people (twin or double): 14,000,000
- Lodge 1 person (shared with 1 more person): 7,500,000
- Lodge 1 person (entire room): 9,000,000
- Lodge 2 people (twin or double): 15,000,000
- Villa 1 person (shared): 8,000,000
- Villa 1 person (entire room): 10,000,000
- Villa 2 people (twin or double): 16,000,000
- Wholesome meals 3x a day
- 5 acro classes
- Acro jams
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- Thai massage workshop
- Acro photoshoot
- Evening entertainment
Prices do not include
- Health insurance
- Airport transfer (possibility to book for an extra fee)If interested, please contact us via email: email@example.com Instagram: @doubleup_acro